So, we have our epilogue from Jide. He’s a charismatic and self assured young man and his friendship means a lot to me. He practically pressed my mumu button to have this up. I won’t be seeing him physically for a while so here I am saying I love you my favourite friend. Enjoy reading…
1. Life is good. I am grateful to God for life, health, safety, joy, peace and so many things that money cannot buy. I really don’t deserve them but God has always shown up for me at every point of my need.
2. Spiritual Growth. I thank God for my spiritual journey with him this year, I am happy I’m making progress. It’s not been easy, but I’ve found myself being more determined to grow and become a better Christian. I also thank him for people he has provided as accountability partners.
3. Daystar Family. I am thankful that I made the decision to join Daystar Christian Centre in July 2014. The teachings from the pastors, the fellowship with members, and my relationships have been one the best things of 2015.
4. A great family! Thankful for my mom, dad and brother; they have been awesome. Their love and support towards the challenging career decisions and goals I made this year has filled me with a deeper level of what the word family truly means.
5. If music be food of love, play on! I thank God for music. This year has been one of the most progressive and challenging years in music for me, and I am better for it in terms of vocal skills, hearing, stage management, scoring and interpretation. A major part of this growth is as a result of joining the prestigious Healing Streams of God, the choir arm of Daystar Christian Centre, and also being under the tutelage of the great K-Sticks. Next year will be greater!
6. Friends to Family! I made some fantastic friends when I joined Healing Streams, gradually we have grown into a beautiful family, and I can only imagine what next year will be! We know how to have fun, encourage each other in downtimes, celebrate our wins, caution when anyone goes outta line, yab the hell out of ourselves…you name it! It’s really interesting how people with different characters can jell so well. I am thankful for belonging to “Just Us”.
7. Knowledge Growth. I am thankful for the job I got this year. I learned some pretty cool skills in business management especially financial analysis. My previous job helped me a great deal with writing and presentation, now I’s a badass with Excel. I am grateful for the experience.
8. Professional Growth. I applied for an MBA program this year, and I will be starting in Lisbon, Portugal in January 2016. I never would have made it without God. It’s going to be an exciting, intense and challenging 2016.
9. I don port o! I am thankful I was able to move into an apartment in Ebute-Metta in June this year. I had been staying at Alagbado (yes, it’s in Lagos, I know some of you have never of it before), and commuting from there to work or anywhere in Lagos was psychological trauma (no offence to my brothers and sisters residing there). Waking up 4am and returning 10pm, and spending 3+ hours in traffic every day is not beans.
10. I thank God for the tests of faith I have had this year, it has made me stronger in my belief that God will never leave me nor forsake me.
11. I thank God for business ideas my brother and I were able to develop this year. Thank God for PixBus (www.facebook.com/pixbus, http://www.instagram.com/pixbus
12. Finally, I am thankful to Tinuola Idowu for this brilliant and inspiring idea, and her persistence in helping me do this. I realize I have so much to thank God for and, I ought to take a moment from time to time to reflect and count my blessings.