She is popularly known as Tomi but I love calling her Arike, maybe because of the beautiful meaning of the name – someone to love. She is indeed someone to love. She has over the years prayed with and for me, cried my tears; understood my woes and listened to them painstakingly. She hit a major one this year by becoming Mrs O. My girl’s married. Thank you love for penning this down. Enjoy reading:
- Facing my fear: At the beginning of the year I was so sure I was going to leave my Job at the time but I didn’t have the liver to do it. I was plagued with so much ‘What if’ questions and didn’t know how to do it since that was my first Job but I finally found the courage to do it and although I have just changed my contract with them, I realised that I could do what I needed to do without worrying so much.
- Getting Married: At the beginning of 2014 I told my sister and best friend that I was getting married in 2015 and I didn’t even have Le boo and there was no hope of getting the boo and by the beginning to 2015 after we were sure of the date of the wedding my friend reminded me of what I said in 2014. I really don’t know what gave me the confidence to say that as I don’t even consider myself ‘ready’ for marriage but God decided to make it all happen. HIS hand was all over it! Chai!!
- Husband: What more can I say? He is God’s gift to me to refine me, to watch over me, to cover me and he is doing an amazing Job with God’s help! Couldn’t be more grateful.
- My Niece: I found out that I am going to be an aunty! Yay! It’s been an exciting journey!
- Family: My nuclear family and my new family. We’ve grown in love and God’s been good to us.
- God: How can I not be grateful for the ONE who I live my life for? Life is so much easier because he controls it. It’s been a very good journey with the Lord and although there is still so much that can be done in my relation with him but learning to trust him more has been huge this year and also learning to live sold out to him. I am grateful for Jesus!
- Church: A family of believers, word of Truth and discipleship.
- New working conditions: grateful that I get to work with my husband and build a business together.
- My Friends: My friends were a hugeee part of my 2015 they came together and wow-ed me, especially during my wedding! I couldn’t be more grateful.
- My Blog: For the people I’ve met through my blog, What God is doing through it and what he is set to do!
- My Unsung Heroes: Sometime this year I looked back through my life and remembered some people that were instruments in helping me be who I am today. It was a very emotional one and some of them didn’t even remember the impact they made in my life. Forever grateful for them.
- Music: Amazingly I bonded with new friends over music sharing and music got me through some of the hard times of 2015.